Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 14

Today was rather peaceful!

Gary and I decided after watching Fireproof that we were going to do the Love Dare! It is 40 days of Love Dares! We started on Monday. I have to tell you it has not been real difficult, with the exception of the first love dare and actually it carries on to all the the other 40 dares.

Love Dare #1- Resolve to have patience and say nothing negative to your spouse.
Since Gary and I have been together we have had rather venemous tongues! This Dare has been tough, but suprisingly for four days Gary and I have not said anything negative to the other one. We have stayed in continous prayer and are claiming the Bible verse,
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord,
My Rock and my Redeemer!

Yesterday's love dare was to buy your husband/wife something. Gary bought me a floor cleaner, which I love! I did not buy anything for Gary. I made him a CD with songs that have meant something to us in our marriage.
We sat down tonight at dinner and listened to the CD. I put I Can Only Imagine on there, when this song came on I pretty much lost it.

You know the song says:
I can only imagine, surrounded by your glory what will my heart feel, will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still , will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall.

I thought to myself hmmm....I wonder what tomorrow will be like.
Will I dance, will I sing, will I fall to my knees. I don't know what the outcome will bring tomorrow, but I do know that I worship a Sovereign God! He is in total control and I completely trust in Him.

No comments: