Sunday, April 18, 2010

Woohoooooo!

So as of right now...I forget that there is a two hour time change and most of my friends and family are in Texas...
When I do blog it is like 8:30 here and 10:30 at home.

Oh ya the results....My HCG was 240 today! We almost tripled from Friday. Which is great. We are having a great start to this pregnancy. I have no more blood test we just let nature take its course now. We have our first ultrasound on April 30th. My doctor said we should see a heartbeat and see how many gestational sacs there are.
I looked at this beta page today which is HCG. Gary and I were playing around with the numbers. My HCG right now is higher than a median single pregnancy and a little lower than a twin pregnancy. However my HCG rose 2.71% points, if it continues to rise like this by the 24th day we would be at 12,900 HCG's, which go ahead and hold your breath would be the HCG of a women carrying triplets. AHHHHHHH.....I know I am a bit competitive. Three of my friends have recently had twins. I just might have to one up them. HEEHEEHEE.
Oh ya I meant to mention this yesterday and I forgot. I am not sure how though~
Gary and I have a good friend who is an OBGYN. We called him and told him our numbers on Friday. He sounded concerned with our numbers. I don't think he quite understoond that our numbers were 14 days post egg retrieval, but whatever. I went to bed pretty worried on Saturday. Gary and I got up and were running some errands. One of our errands was to go to Costco. Gary ran around Costco wanting to show me all this stuff. I was getting a little annoyed. As we were standing in line, Gary croaks," I sure wish we could talk to Dr. Abusief." I knew then that she had to be around. I turn and there is our fertility doc. She was so happy to see us. Did I mention that my two fertility doc's are on maternal leave!!!!!! Anyway, she reassured me that 88 was a phenomenal number this early! What a God thing that we saw her! I was worried about the number until I saw her!
Now, I am really feeling relaxed. I certainly know we are not out of the woods, but we are off to a great start! Thank you Jesus for all that you have done!

3 comments:

Lisa Dawn said...

Yea! Thanks for the good news before you left today. Made my day! Will keep praying...

Heather G said...

Amazing! How nice that God tossed a doctor in your path right when you needed some encouragement. He's pretty great that way.
So excited about your numbers. I'm checking every day!

Kathryn said...

YAY!