Monday, April 19, 2010

Peace

Even though we have passed some major milestones, it is hard not to let my mind go in other directions....but I have to continue to pray for peace!
I totally trust Christ and all that He has done! I know this little peanut is going to continue to grow!
Gary is out of town for the next four days. Taking care of the dogs by myself. My little Bolty Bolt is just aweseom....but my Barklee loves the stinkin' trash....he is always in the trash. He makes me so mad!

I heard him and ran down the stairs to get him. I was a little winded. I was a little sad that I got that winded from running down the stairs. I used to be in great shape! Now I am just a mere shell of what I used to look like. Oh ya, I think I failed to mention why we had the infertility problems. I do not ovulate regularly. I was blessed with not a lot of body fat. Anytime I begin to work out, the body fat drops pretty quickly, therefore putting my body into amenoria. Playing sports my whole life I never had regular menstrual cycles, in fact I never really had any. The Dr.'s said it would behoove me not to work out anymore to see if things would regulate out. They finally did when we moved to the injections.and the told me to stop working out. I have gained nearly 20 pounds in the last year from not working out and the fertility drugs.
Well you gotta do what you gotta do, right!! I just know that after I push our little peanut/s out, I am going to get into shape again. For me, working out was such a release! I have missed that the last year with all the stress in my life.
I just thank the Lord that for all the He has done!

3 comments:

Greta said...

me too bud! gotta get my fat butt in gear!!!

shanfran said...

Remember when you, Sandy and me were introduced at the year end b-ball celebration by Coach Sharp, and she mentioned that the three of us looked more like super models than b-ball players (or something like that) in reference to how skinny the three of us were. Weight gain is definitely worth it to support the kiddos. But, that was the one thing that was hardest for me - not feeling like I used to feel when I was so in shape and not looking like I used to look. However, it was all worth it. I am still nursing Alex, and I have to eat A LOT to keep my milk supply up - I feel like such a pig most of the time. I worked out today for the first time since before my miscarriage in Dec 2008, and it felt good. However, I had to eat like a horse the rest of the day to keep the milk production up... Oh well - it's a start. So happy to hear about your progress, and will keep you in my prayers.

L said...

Bless your heart Kim! I cannot imagine how painful it has been for you to go through this process of infertility. I have been praying for you since you first told me you were on this journey. I was so happy to hear today that you got pregnant and I will continue to pray for an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths.—Proverbs 3:5-6

-Lisa S.